Friday, October 17, 2014

Hello Taipei!

Hello Taipei!  I've now embarked on the solo leg of my journey. Not gonna lie, a tear or two was shed after hugging K goodbye. I've never actually travelled alone before. There was that one time I flew from Cancun to Denver to Seattle to Honolulu solo, but I knew I was meeting a friend on the other side.  So it's a whole new world for me!!!
I'm currently on the bus into Taipei city from the airport. Stuck in a massive traffic jam. I hope we get there soon!!!

I couldn't tell what stop to get off at. But a nice lady from Nanjing, who spoke minimal English, pointed me in the right direction to the gigantic taipei main station. Inside there are tons and tons of maps posted, so navigation was no problem once inside. I was able to easily sign up for the youth travel card and the free city wifi. The adventure began when trying to find my hostel. Addresses in Taipei are strange. I basically got very lost and walked for nearly an hour with my 10kg bag. Thank goodness for the nice cool weather!!!  Some locals tried to help me but actually pointed me in the wrong direction. I think they read my address (which was in English) wrong. Eventually made it, dumped my bags, and went to find food! First meal in Taipei? Substandard beef noodle soup. Tomorrow will be better!!!

No comments: