Saturday, July 5, 2008

Namaste

Still in Nepal. Rainy rainy ness is here. Or just here when I need to ride my bicycle. It seems like its always pouring rain when I have to go somewhere on my bike. Murphy's law? Not really missing you folks at home (sorry!) but am missing the beaches, especially on the sweltering days that we've been having. Its freakishly hot (okay, probably only low 30's), then it rains a bit and we get a bit of a reprieve, then goes back to freakishly hot, all in one afternoon. I am very glad that I am not in India right now, because for sure it must be hotter there.
We have about 2 weeks left in our volunterring. Time flies! We are now planning phase 3 of the journey. This will take us from Pokhara, to Kathmandu, to Lumbini, across the border into India, to Kushinigar, to Varanasi/Sarnath, to Agra, and then back to Delhi. All in the span of about 2 weeks or so. Wow, in fact, in exactly 1 month and a few hours, we will be boarding a plane back home! Crazy... I understand why people travel for longer periods of time. I met some UK volunteers at my volunteer workplace, and they had been gone for 8 months. That seemed like alot when I was talking to them, but seeing how our time in Pokhara has flown by, it definately doesnt seem so long anymore!!!

No comments: