Sunday, June 15, 2008

Croc Tan - because its too funny

Prior to setting out on this trip, many people suggested bringing crocs for the rainy weather. Normally, I would turn my nose up at the thought of wearing crocs, but the wet runners issue made me come around. Thankfully I did not have to shell out any moolah for a pair, cause my grandma had a pair that was too big for her :D Anyhow, I am now a semi-convert to wearing crocs. Why? Because of torential downpours. When it rains, it pours! Plus, my runners are sopping wet as we speak, cause Kat and I got caught in a torrential downpour yesterday. Apparently yesterday was the start of the monsoon, but you could've fooled me, since there has been torrential rain periodically pretty much since we landed in Delhi. Anyhow, back to the title... In Pelling, my runners got soaked after getting caught in yet another torrential downpour. So, in Darjeeling I had to wear crocs, since my runner smelt like rotting. Seriously. After a long day of walking in Darjeeling (and a subsequent shower) I looked at my feet, and what'd you know? Dark spots. Seriously. I still have a distinct croc tan, since during trekking I wore runners (which thankfully dried in Pokhara). So I have 5 dark dots on my right foot. Amusing, eh?

No comments: